Centrul de Transfuzie Baia Mare
Eligibility conditions for blood donation
The blood donor is any Romanian citizen residing in Romania or any EU citizen residing in Romania, in full health, which follows the requirements of human origin blood collecting and blood components collecting.
In order to become a blood donor, you must meet the following conditions:
- aged between 18-60 years old
- weighing more than 50kg
- regular pulse, 60-100 beats/minute
- systolic blood pressure between 100mmHg and 180mmHg
- with no surgery interventions in the last 6 months
- women should not be: pregnant, during confinement period, in the menstrual period
- shouldn’t have consumed fats or alcohol at least 48 hours before donation
- shouldn’t be under treatment for different diseases: hypertension, heart disease, kidney disease, mental illness, liver disease, endocrine disease
Donors mustn’t have or have suffered from following diseases:
- hepatitis (of any type)
- epilepsy and other neurological diseases
- mental illness
- heart disease
- skin diseases: psoriasis, vitiligo
- myopia with dioptre over (-) 6
Before the donating process
- In the morning before blood donation you can drink a cup of tea or coffee, a less consistent breakfasts, vegetables, fruits
- Don’t smoke before and after the donation for one hour
- As well, please come fresh to donate, not after a long wasted night at work or in front of the PC!
Permanent deferral criteria:
- cardiovascular diseases (including chronic hypertension in treatment, pectoris angina); sequelae head trauma;
- chronic alcoholism; schizophrenia; epilepsy; chronic hepatitis, liver cirrhosis; syphilis; pancreatitis; cancer, leukemia; diabetes; tuberculosis
- hyperlipidemia; asthma; severe allergy; endocrine diseases; lupus erythematosus and other collagen diseases; generalized psoriasis;
- persons medically retired, regardless of the retirement diagnosis.
Temporary exclusion criteria:
- infectious diseases (flu, bacterial infections);
- anemia; endoscopic examination, transfusions, surgery interventions, tattoos, close contact with people with hepatitis, HIV virus;
- vaccinations; pregnancy, lactation; dental treatment;
- drinking in the past 48 hours;
- drugs consumption.
Additional exclusion criteria for blood components donors by apheresis
- thrombocytes < 200000/mmc;
- inappropriate vascular area;
- treatment with antiplatelet agents in the last 7 days, corticosteroids, anticoagulants.
For more information please visit: https://www.donare-sange.ro/